Banana Chiffon, 3 Eggs, 8 inch aluminium push tin pan
3 egg whites
40g caster sugar
3 egg yolks
63g vegetable oil
200g mashed banana’s (use very ripe, black bananas for a full flavour)
75g Self Raising Flour (sieved)
- Heat fan oven to 160
- whisk the egg yolks and and sugar until it is pale and thick
- add the oil vegetable oil to the yolk mixture and mix
- add the mashed banana’s and mix
- add the sieved flour and mix, set aside
- Clean the whisk and dry well
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until slightly frothy and then add sugar and whisk until it reaches medium peak.
- Place about a 1/4 of the egg whites into the yolk mixture and fold in until the whites in combined
- Fold in the remaining egg whites a 1/4 at time.
- Pour mixture into the tin
- Drop the tin 3 times onto the work top to release any air bubbles and use a skewer to draw a figure of eight in the mixture to pop any remaining bubbles.
- Bake at 160 for 55mins
- cool upside down, once cooled completely release it from the tin